donderdag 14 februari 2008

Quicktime doesn't play video after updating to 7.4

My Quicktime doesn't show any video anymore, but it plays the audio.
It seems to be a common problem for Macusers after updating Quicktime to 7.4

There are a lot of issues like this on many forums, but no one seems to have the correct solution that works for all.
I read a lot about problems with third party software and codecs which could might cause the problem.
Apple doesnt hold itself responsible for third party software so don't expect any help there (although i am very happy with their support).

I also read difficult solutions like deleting codecs etc in your /library

I figured my flip4mac was out of date so i uninstalled it and downloaded the latest version, installed it and the problem is solved.
Sometimes the video still doesnt show, but after refreshing the loaded video, it shows perfectly.
(Maybe for some of you the refresh might do without reinstalling any software.)

It seems more or less logical to me that after a software update like upgrading your Quicktime leads to some broken connections with codecs or other software. so reinstalling some of them might help.
Still developers should be working harder on this matter


or you can always use a hammer...
please leave your comments

.

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but I downloaded Flip4Mac and it installed but I still get no video in my previously downloaded Quicktime videos (such as those downloaded from Youtube with a program called Tubesock). Do I have to do anything else after I download Flip4Mac?

Thank you,
Avery